319 Duke Rd – Chevy Chase Gardens$ 5,500,000.00
Address: 319 Duke Rd, Lexington, KY 40502
Chevy Chase Gardens is a brand new 24-unit community in the Chevy Chase neighborhood of Lexington, Kentucky which was originally constructed as an assisted living facility.
The building is 23,216 square feet above grade, plus a 3,521 square foot basement. It is comprised of a two-story wing containing the resident living units and a “clubhouse” wing containing dining, living rooms, and offices. The building is designed around a large, enclosed garden area. The integration of significant attractive outdoor space will greatly enhance the quality of life of the residents and staff.
The focal point of the community is the gardens. The orientation and design of the clubhouse space is with the primary intention of creating a staged transition from indoor living space to outdoor living space.
Key elements of the Chevy Chase Gardens “Neighborhood Assisted Living” concept are:
- Addresses core element of “aging in place” with central location in the heart of affluent residential neighborhood, near residents’ existing support networks (families, friends, churches, health professionals, etc.);
- Location adjacent to existing external amenities (hair care, restaurants, pharmacies, etc.) already familiar to residents;
- Design by the international architectural firm Perkins Eastman Architects, in collaboration with local designers, integrating recognizable, comfortable, dignified indoor living spaces and large, beautiful outdoor living space;
- Boutique size (24 units) to allow maximum personalization of care, establish a more discreet presence in the neighborhood, and convey a sense of exclusivity;
- Full-size apartments and lodge-inspired “clubhouse” with common areas and dining;
- A neighborhood tailored for walking with easy access to churches, post office, restaurants, dry cleaners, banks, employment opportunities, and bus lines;
- Certified by Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living;
- Quiet, safe, tree-lined neighborhood;
- Designed as an assisted living facility, the property can be used for apartments, assisted living facility, conference center, or any number of uses.